SPM Project Manager
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||OpenSymmetry is a leading independent consulting firm that focuses on all areas of Sales Performance Management. Its expert consultants are on the forefront of understanding the complexities of compensation programs and have extensive experience bringing people, processes and technology together. OpenSymmetry is not a software vendor but rather an independent consulting firm with the main purpose of helping its clients gain the greatest value from their incentive compensation investments.|
As a member of OpenSymmetry's Professional Services organization, the Project Manager is responsible for leading and engaging in the implementation and deployment of our clients’ solutions and the management of engagements and customer relationships. Receives small to midsized engagement assignments in the form of a clients’ implementation strategy or plan and associated objectives, and then determines how to best leverage resource skills to meet targeted schedules and deliver goals. Provides guidance and direction to project staff and determines where additional staff or complementary skills are needed. Works with the service director to establish project objectives and work plans, and delegate’s assignments to consulting team members.
• Ensure that OpenSymmetry and the client have an accurate, contractual agreement in place at all times that represents the scope of the project and any related expectations.
• Prepare project change requests to ensure that the scope of the project is contractually bound.
• Manage OpenSymmetry’s financial risk and raise concerns to senior Delivery management.
• Establish the workplan for the project based on the contractual Statement of Work (SOW), including team member assignments, deliverables, and milestone dates.
• Review team deliverables for accuracy and completeness in line with the project workplan.
• Set expectations with client personnel related to delivery dates, deliverable content, and other team tasks. Further, manage the client’s expectations on an ongoing basis as the originally established expectations may change.
• Reviews team time and expense submissions weekly for accuracy, adherence to client and OpenSymmetry standards, and approve for OpenSymmetry Accounting.
• Prepare weekly (or otherwise per the SOW) status reports for both the client and OpenSymmetry.
• Work closely with the various project sub-teams to help OpenSymmetry clients increase sales effectiveness through technology and process improvements
• Provide oversight and management for the team members as they gather and document customer-specific integration and reporting requirements, analyze and review customer compensation structures, and analyze those processes and policies related to data integration and incentive compensation. Provide feedback and make changes where appropriate to ensure quality, complete client deliverables.
• Manage the project team, throughout the entire system development life cycle (i.e. definition, design, build, testing, deployment, and maintenance).
• Provide oversight and management for the team members as they develop customer-specific rules to automate the process of variable compensation for sales force members and related positions.
• Lead implementation teams by providing advanced expertise and management techniques for compensation software projects, in order to leverage the results of the implementation team.
• Assist in business development efforts as required and appropriate, including proposal generation and supporting sales presentation generation.
• Coach and evaluate project team members.
• Manage team members to utilization targets of OpenSymmetry and overall profitability based on OpenSymmetry’s business model.
• Understand the similarities as well as differences in using contractor personnel vs. employee personnel and manage to overall project profitability as well as considering career development for employee personnel.
• Obtains all required client sign-offs to indicate product, deliverable, or phase acceptance by the client.
• Provides budget analysis, resource planning, and coordination of project activities between the client and OpenSymmetry.
• Serves as a mediator for internal resource or software issues and resolves conflicting priorities for members of cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of the solution to clients.
• Monitors project completion from initiation through deployment and transition to meet targeted revenue and cost projections.
• Mentors, coaches and evaluates OpenSymmetry personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• A qualified candidate considered for employment must have at least a 4 year degree from an accredited university in the areas of Business, Finance, Project Management, Economics or Computer Science.
• Proven track record of 1-3 years of managing small to mid-scale IT implementation projects, preferably in a consulting business model.
• 1-3 years’ experience with at least one of the primary SPM/EIM vendors to include: Callidus, DSPA, Oracle, Seibel, Synygy, Varicent, Xactly
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Ability to develop reusable processes, templates and toolkits for rapid deployment
• Ability to lead and direct a cooperative effort among members of a project team
• The ability to influence and often times change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship
• Manages the coordination of the project activities for a client implementation with responsibility for results, including expended costs, delivery methods and staffing.
• Familiarity with standard project implementation methodologies and deliverables created during an enterprise systems deployment
• Excellent skills in interacting with customers and internal staff.
• Desire to work with customers to understand their variable compensation processes and requirements.
• Strong analytical and structured problem solving skills
• Excellent customer advocacy and relationship skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently fulfilling multiple roles
• Ability to generate proposals and implementation plans for small to mid-sized projects
• Ability to manage all aspects of a consulting project
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with project team and client resources
• Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment
• Ability to document and communicate project status regularly to service director.
• Ability to assess and communicate project risks to OpenSymmetry and client management teams
• Ability to adapt to various assigned activities and responsibilities in dynamic project team environments
• Ability to focus on multiple priorities and tasks at a given time
• Overall understanding of consulting, business practices, culture and lifestyle
The Company may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all the functions of the job, nor is to limit the Company right to assign other functions to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
OpenSymmetry is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for
employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability,
or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a
disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant
will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Get Notified of New Jobs at OpenSymmetry, Inc.